1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Steering dampeners

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TLS, Jul 25, 2011.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

While checking out the workmanship of my latest hydro system repair, I noticed that the dampener on one side was "looser" than the other (engine off, seat up, moving levers).

Decided to order 2 new ones, this way they'd both have the same "feel".

Went online and downloaded the SuperZ Parts Manual. It says the P/N for the dampener is 600221 CENTERING DAMPENER. Apparently this is the same P/N used on several different models. Good to go. Went to dealer and ordered them (not in stock). Get them, and of course a hydro belt.

Decided to switch them out this afternoon as it's raining.

Noticed a different color. My OEM ones are gold, and the new ones are silver. The sticker on my OEM ones are blue, the new ones are yellow.

My OEM ones say AVM 783696

The new ones say AVM 600221

No biggie, guess the new P/N supersedes the older one.

Get them on.

No spring back to NEUTRAL from REVERSE, and cant go full stick forward!:hammerhead:

Guess there is a difference! And I guess there isn't a Parts Manual for my model SuperZ with the correct P/N??

Never fails....something easy, not so easy when I do it!

Problem is, dealer closed for a week for their vacation.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I emailed you the correct information, did you get the correct ones I gave you the part # for?

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yes!

All fixed up!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Awesome!
    Your unit was just below the serial range for the newer style ones you had bought originally.

Pj