Stein Property Services

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Steiner, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You gotta back off on the fisheye a little. The guy that takes my lawn pics also uses a fisheye lens but it's not quite that aggressive. It's fisheye but it's real subtle. Here's an example. You can see it if you look at the picnic table. I don't want to put my pic in your thread so here's a link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4628317&postcount=5

Fisheye makes for great looking pics though.

2. Steiner

Steiner LawnSite Senior Member

I play with all kinds of lenses all the time as the local store allows me to rent ridiculous lenses for like 40 bucks a weekend. I am also an amateur photographer ( I teach it in my school). Here is a link to a few of my photos:

http://500px.com/chrisstein/photos

3. Steiner

Sometimes you get a fancy job and sometimes you just get to put down a plain patio and give the area some clean lines.

Here is a small patio I did this summer using techo parisian. This shot is waiting for the deck contractor and hot tub contractor to show up. I much prefer random pattern stone as this modified herringbone was difficult to lay and keep the lines looking good.

I had to move a large shed and clear out a bunch of debris, old landscaping beds, and outdoor remnants to make this on happen.

patio.jpg

4. Steiner

friend of the family job I did....

pano.jpg

5. Steiner

Used a friends mt52 to move a 10x12 shed. Used eye bolts and chain to drag it to a better location in the yard. I was surprised how well the mt52 did.

IMG_1628.jpg

6. Steiner

Working with a pool contractor and a customer to get a pool, hardscaping, plantings, and vinyl fence installed.

Today I had my third meeting with the couple and showed 4 concept drawings done on the ipad with the sketchbook app. I love being able to hop on a plane with a few documents and bang out 4 sketches in a few hours. The ipad is so thin and light and the program is incredible for shading and showing concepts. What a time saver the ipad has been!

Here are 2 of the concept sketches I presented today. I mounted them on board and printed copies for both the husband and wife. They liked the simplistic design and I filled them in on all the particular stone and plant choices with pictures on card stock of what I had chosen and why.

-Chris

PoolArea.jpg

PoolArea2.jpg

7. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

is sketchup for mac laptops and desktops and ipads or only desktop/laptops? id love to have it on my ipad.

8. Steiner

Sketchup is only on laptops and desktops right now although the rumor is they are bringing a version to the iPad....

-chris

9. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

Anything you know to do similar such as taking a picture of the current landscape and putting notes or drawing over it?

10. Steiner

Sure I use sketchbook pro and take a pic with the ipad and then create a layer with the pictures, here is how:

1. Take pic with ipad or use a better camera and import it into sketchbook pro.
    2. in the upper right corner choose the layer button and make 2 layers.
    3. Make the picture you took one layer and adjust the opacity to 50%.
    4. Then use the other layer to draw over the top.

It works awesome and here is an example:

-Chris

Marvar final copy.jpg