Steiner 325

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pristine PM, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

Hi, I am new to Commercial grasscutting and have done residentials for about 10 years. I am looking at buying two Zero Turn mowers and asked a dealer that didn't sell commercial mowers if he could recommend a dealer that did. He said that they did have one in their lower area because they took a risk in getting into bigger mower sales and it didn't work out. The mower looks good and he is selling it for cost. It is a Steiner 325 and I cannot find it on the Steinerturf website so I believe it has been discountinued. Does anyone know much about this mower and is $7500 US a decent price for one?

Thanks,

Jon

2. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Seen one up here, but at an auction, and I'm not sure what it did sell for.

DIMENSIONS:
    overall width 72"
    overall length 72"
    overall height 50"
    wheelbase 46"
    inside turning radius Zero
    weight 1136 lbs.
    ENGINE:
    standard Kohler Command, 25 HP at 3600 RPM
    DRIVE TRAIN:
    transmission
    dual Independent variable displacement hydrostatic pumps
    w/ dump valve, driving two hydraulic wheel motors
    speeds
    Forward 0 - 9 MPH
    Reverse 0 - 4.5 MPH
    steering control arms
    brakes Dynamic... (parking, disc caliper)
    controls

foot operated electric cutting height adjuster, electric blade
    engagement (PTO) switch, parking brake, throttle, choke,
    and ignition switch.
    TIRES:
    rear
    front
    option
    24 x 12-12, Titan super turf, 2 ply
    13 x 5.00-6 pneumatic
    bar tires or peanut turf tires

ELECTRICAL:
    starting
    battery 12 volt, key switch
    12 volt, maintenance free
    FUEL SYSTEM:
    dual tank capacity 6 gallons (US) each
    CUTTER DECK:
    cutting width 61"
    cutting height 1" to 5"
    blades three, hi-lift 21"
    blade brake integrated with electric clutch
    spindles tapered roller bearings
    side discharge deck

Good luck :waving:

Ztm325s.jpg

3. Pristine PM

Thanks, it looks like a decent machine. I see that you have Steiners as well, are you happy with them?

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I love them, as the ones I have are the tractors, and I can change attachments, as the job dictates. right now, one has a blade, and one has a snowblower on it. I do contract work for the region, and they hold up well. I have not seen the zero turn, 325, but it looks good. I just wonder why they discontinued them :confused:

If you decide to not take this, maybe you could P-M me the dealer, as I would like to look at it too :) Thanks !!

5. Pristine PM

What area do you work out of? I am in Scarborough/Pickering West. It is Markham Mowers, but please wait till Feb, I really do want to buy it.

Thanks,

Jon

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

That mower was Steiners 1 big mistake. Its not made any more that I know of, my dealer warned me about it when it was in production. Buy any other Steiner and you have a machine that will do pretty much anything you need

7. Pristine PM

Thanks for the information. Do you know why exactly? I have heard nothing but good things about Steiner and can't afford to spend to much on new equipment and it looks good and seems to be a good deal. Could I call your dealer?

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No I don't remember why he said they were junk. And I have Steiners so I think there awsome machines Dealers "Mid Ohio Gravely" in Mansfield Ohio
    Ask for Sam he's the owner and been in business for 50 yrs so he'll tell you the truth. Pm tomorrow and I'll look up his # if you can't google it up

9. Pristine PM

Thanks so much! I really appriciate the help.

Jon

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Just to be clear, the ztr pictured and being discussed does not have a real steiner deck. Its actually an old Bunton mower that textron call a steiner just so they would have a z unit. Its nothing like a real steiner at all. And for what its worth, 7500 is a terrible price, likely not even close to cost.