1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

steiner 4 wheel drive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Sep 11, 2007.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

anyone use one of these.

i know someone that just bought one of these for aerating.

i think it would be nice with a snow blower on it for doing driveways in the winter.
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an ST-18 which is the equivalent to their new utilimax. Mine has an 18hp Onan with the hydraulic dumpbox and I've mounted a spreader to the front so it makes a great applicator machine. I've also had a 430 4wd in the past and absolutely loved it. I did, however, sell it to upgrade to a 525 with the Kubota diesel. I have a ditchbank mower attachment which I leave on most of the time for mowing around lakes and ditches. I also have a 5' front blade, 42" aerator, 48" tiller, 72" front deck, 48" slip scoop, leaf/limb shredder, 48" steiner lawn sweep, and 72" box blade. As you can probably tell, I like Steiners and they are basically bulletproof.......................Lynn I've also got 3 230 diesels with 72" decks
  4. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

i hope that dealer service wouldn't be an issue in the south. where is the company based?
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Ive got 2 of them,they are tanks.Both are 420's.Both currently have 25Hp kohler Commands.One is an 89,had it since day 1,its got approx 9000 hrs on it,it was originally a 20Hp Onan,then a 24Hp Onan,now a 25 Command.the other a 97,only 1600hrs.My older one mows 50+acres a week easily with two 60" decks(pulling one,with the other out front with a custom power unit i built).I have the front end loader, 5' york rake,custom built 4ft dozer blade,and my favorite attachemnt the leaf blower.The blower puts my 13Hp little wonder HO to shame,almost blows as far as my 3PH tractor blower(agri metal) 300 HO.
  6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

The legend returns!
    Welcome back John. Still got that rowdy Cummins?
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

8. steinerguy

steinerguy LawnSite Member

I've been slowly looking to upgrade my 220 to a 230, do you have any connections to good used stuff?

I never say alot here, but you'd have to pry my steiner from my dead hands to get me to make a change.......never seen anything stripe like these....