Steiner dethatcher, rake, lawn prep attachment

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cantoo, Jun 4, 2008.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Here are some pics of my attachment I made for my Steiners. It rakes loose dead grass and clumps out of the soil. Loosens up packed soil or even gravel. Levels soil ready for seeding. Dethatches as deep as you want. Usually I rototil, pack with 800lb roller to break clumps then go over it with this to break it up again. If the lawn is real unlevel I have a 10' blade for the front to level then work it up with this. Then I hand seed or use my seed drill then roll again.

100_1145.jpg

2. cantoo

Pulling in reverse so tracks don't show. Also removes last bit of clumps.

100_1147.jpg

3. cantoo

Again in reverse removing grass and corn stalks. I was doing the edge of our soybean field with corn stubble.

100_1141.jpg

4. cantoo

One pass on the laneway removing corn stubble, stones and grass clumps. Usually takes about 3 passes to remove depending on how much crap there is. It will strip the grass right out if you want.

100_1137.jpg

5. cantoo

Removing more corn stalks and crap this is one pass. I used my old Steiner for these pics. The sprayer was on the newer one.

100_1138.jpg

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Nice idea, my dad always takes those tedder springs in as scrap, now we have a reason to save them!