1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

steiner mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Tell me everything you know about these.... I think the model is a z325 I'm looking at.........
  2. I forgot to mention it has an electric deck
  3. This tells me that I don't want it, because if nobody has heard of them, it makes me nervous.......
  4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Be afraid, be very afraid.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

6. cantoo

7. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 430max and used to think it was the finest thing since sliced bread. Wasnt wortha hoot for mowing but all the attachments sure made it handy for landscapeing. Then I bought a Ventrac and found out the Steiner wasnt even in the same league. All the Steiner attachments fit the Ventrac so I hardly ever use the Steiner anymore.
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Steiner isn't the same as Bob-Cat!!!!!!
    However, it is mfg by Jacobsen.
    I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. cantoo

I beg to differ buddy, the parts are completely interchangable on the Bobcat I have and the new Steiner. I buy my blades and belts from the Steiner dealer using cross reference numbers.
    I also have a Ransomes 4x4 that is exactly the same as the Steiner 4x4 425max again one is red and the other is green.
  10. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Which model of Ventrac, and which engine did you get ?

Did you check out the Steiner Utilimax, with the 34hp Daihatsu diesel ? It is a terrific machine for a landscaper, with its ability to haul 1400 lbs in the hydraulic dump bed, and still use the Steiner or Ventrac attachments.