Steiner tractors?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by P & L Turf, Dec 7, 2005.

1. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Someone metioned to me today , what if they decreased the size of the pulleys that are on the deck now, to give it a higher rpm. Would this work?:confused:
  2. steinerman

steinerman LawnSite Member

Is anyone running a ventrac deck on a steiner tractor. We have 4 steiner and have 4, 5 foot decks and 3, 6 foot decks but the six footers get beat up a lot,and bend then cut uneven. From the people driving them not caring:cry: I tried a ventrac liked the power, but didn't like how big it was, and didn't like the controls on the side. They need to get them like a steiner. Then I was looking at the deck and its roller was different and didn't seem to strip as well. I do own a ventrac landscape rake and love it. Ventrac does have stiener bet on that. Thanks for any info:)
  3. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I run the steiner deck on the ventrac without any problems. I like the controls on the side of the ventrac, I would think the Ventrac deck should work on the steiner. I also have the foot pedal but have considered taking it off. Seems every time I start to get off the machine i hit the pedal.