Stens blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jetta, Mar 9, 2012.

1. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

anyone use or have any feed back on this brand of heavy duty mower blade for my lazers?

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Stems are good blades.
    I have been using Oregon g6 blades from Baileys. I would give them a try if I were you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I tried some stens blades on my turf tracer. I wasn't crazy about them. The lift wasn't quite as high so they didn't leave as nice of a cut as exmark high lifts. I just bought some Oregon blades for Russo power that I am going to try. They have a higher lift, are wider, and are a bit heavier.

4. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Worthless. Bent most of them. I cant ever remember bending any Oregon's. I have been buying Oregon's from Bailey's too.

5. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Been ordering my Oregon blades from Stonewelltrading.com

6. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use stens there not bad for the money and my dealer gives my a good deal on them.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use Gator G6 exclusively.

8. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

So do you use a gator(mulch) the whole season?

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, the G6 specifically. It's not your ordinary Gator. Hi lift, 2.5" wide, .250 thick and a Fusion edge. I started using them last spring and told everyone here at Lawnsite about my experience. Now just about everybody that tries them loves them. They are not designed to mulch, just discharge. To get a good mulching blade you need a low lift blade. Just enough lift to pull up the grass.

10. Mike_Mows

Mike_Mows LawnSite Member

Using a thicker, wider, heavier blade is a great way to put extra stress on spindles and cut down the lifespan. I know enough about metal to know that the Fusion blades just have a hard slurry that will eventually chip off and aren't worth the extra money. Oregon does their best work when they market a product because everybody believes everything they say. I'll take the blade that bends over the one that breaks any day for liability reasons. Rotary makes the softest blade by far in the market.