Step 1: bed removal

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, Apr 3, 2008.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, so in my quest to install a flatbed on my truck, for various reasons, i managed to get the bed off! woo hoo, step 1. Me and my friend spent hours loosening the frozen on bolts, then fabricating a holder for the lights until a permanent solution could be found. the pic of the bed is after it came off the truck, the damage to the side is from when the bale grabber on the tractor lost grip on the bed and dropped it going down the road to the farm.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

2. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to put a landscape bed on or just a normal flatbed?

3. mike lane lawn care

i'm thinking a type of stake body, a flatbed with removable sides to allow for loading of material. i'm fabbing up a 5x7 bed using square steel tubes, then using either mesh steel as a floor, or treated lumber. for now, i'm going to paint/rubberize the frame, add mudflaps, and a sheet of plywood while i'm building up the bed.

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

you should have made the bed first...i'm not even sure its legal to be driving around like that

5. mike lane lawn care

it's legal as long as you have lights that work, and mudflaps. i passed a good dozen or so cop cars and haven't been pulled over yet, so that's a good sign. plus at night, with my off road lights, it looks freaking sweet.

6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

you better boogie...it's getting warm out, the grass will need cutting soon!

7. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I can still read the plate number :laugh:

8. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

9. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

GiT ER Done:drinkup:

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Same here.

Talk about sending a boy out to do a man's job.