Step- Daughter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, May 24, 2004.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

A great customer of mine referred his step-daughter to me. I went to talk to her, she was weird, but was willing to pay pretty well. After I talk to her, he apologizes about how weird she is. GREAT! Anyway, I am scheduled to go out there TOM. and just got a phone call about how she wants me to call her back to let her know exactly what time I'll be there so she can be there(great, someone to look over my shoulder) and she also decided that some bushes didn't need to be trimmed, but she bought some mulch for me to put out, needs some weeds pullled, wants some mulch to be overturned(?)

All of this was added tonight!

I don't want to do this job now, I am already frustrated with her, she has annoyed me to wits end, but I don't want to piss off her mom and step-dad.

Any thoughts?

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmm. . .that's a tough one. Sounds like yer best bet is to try and please her without getting run over at the same time. If you do your best and still lose her, hopefully the in-laws know how weird she is and won't hold it against you.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would tell her that you will schedule things in around your schedule. And also tell her that you can't call everytime that you want to come because it would be impossible to do

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

"Hello, Mam...yea about all the extra work you wanted me to do? As we discussed I only planned on the mowing, my day is pretty full, but I would be more than happy to give you an estimate on eaxactly the work you need done and get back to you say....in a week?"

That's about what I would say.

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My thoughts:

"You're screwed."

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

drop both of them and mow for a stripper.. thats what i would do..