1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Step trailer ramps and Toro Commercial WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

How easy is it to tip Toro Wb back to raise up the front wheels on step loading ramps etc. This is definitely a non issue when doing this with a Quick 36 @ 344 pounds. My 6 x 12 trailer has a rather step approach angle.

Does it get progressively more difficult with the Toros when you go from 36 to 40, 48 & 52? These mowers weigh 520+ to just under 600 pounds
  2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

We ran into this problem loading walkers on a trailer my last lco had. We added a foot or so extra to the ramp and it changed the angle enough that they loaded up a lot better without hanging up. Just a thought.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

PM TOPSITES....he is the TORO master !
  4. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

I have a 52" hydro wb and 72" ramps that i load in the back of a f-150 (yes in the bed) I back it into the truck with no problems unless the ramps are wet ,then I need a slight dip or put the ramps on top of a curb for a slope the is less steep.
  5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

My Toro can be wheeled very easily up into a trailer or my shed.
  6. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

every once and a while i get caught on my gate, i just carry a few scrap 2x4's with me and throw them under the gate when i put it down. it gives it just the extra 2 inches i need to ease my loading