stepping up equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Aug 6, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Most of yall probably dont remember but like a the beginning of the summer I used my neighbors homeowner Zero turn rider. It really helped cut time down and had a nice cut but I listened to yall and stayed away from it. But now one of my friends who is 17 just bought a new toro ztr and is going to sell his proline. Would a used proline be a good step from a troy-bilt lawn tractor that is starting to show some ware?? my friend had said a few weeks ago that a guy had told him it was eczactly (sp) what he was looking for and that it was practically sold for $2200. and I told him I was looking to go no higher than about $1400 and he said hed keep his eye out for me. well today I got a message saying that the other guys offer fell through and that he needs to sell it quick so he can start to pay off his new one. I wanted yalls opnion before I called him back, as far as I know its in pretty decent shape and it has a sulky.

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

If it fits your budget and your needs. go for it. I use a 36" Toro proline WB. It works very well for me. I only use the wb about 5 hours per week, so it will last quite a while. It is 3 years old with a new 14 hp Kawi (last year) 50 hours ago. Other than the engine I have not had any problems.

3. liquidforcedude7

from america

Ok my friend says I can have it for 1500 which would include the sulky and a vacuum kit thing that like puts all the clippings on a 40 some gallon bucket in a trash bag on the deck. I was thinking that that would be good when it comes time to do leaves. And also my dad doesnt think that sulkys are safe for some reason has anyone ever had an accident?!?

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, sulkies are very safe man. The only way you can get hurt on a sulky is...oh wait, there isnt one. 1500 isnt bad, how big is the deck?

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sulkeys are very safe. I have always used them with no problem.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I feel safer on the sulky than i do while walking behind the eXmark. The only thing that can hurt is if you are mowing at high speed and take a hard corner and slip off. But like i said, i feel safer on it than off it.

7. liquidforcedude7

from america

its a 44 inch deck and my is content saying that I dont need it even though its my money he kinda has a say with it. But i dont think that what he understands is my troy-bilt is gettin in rough shape and all of a sudden has started to break alot. And I dont think I will be able to find a deal like this if I wait till it breaks.