1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Steps I need to take in getting a Rep to look at my Lazer?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased a 60" Lazer 5 weeks ago and I'm getting frustrated. It's not cutting all the grass. I have done everything... sharp blades (solid foil/high lift), tire pressure, deck level side to side, deck pitch (from 1/8-1/4), clean under deck, slowing down, and recently increased the RPMs to 3750. I do not believe the grass is overly thick or tall. My 6 year old 50" Gravely that I traded in for this Lazer gave a cleaner cut...

I do not want to double cut every lawn all year round!

How do I get a rep to come out and look at its performance???

Tom Garvey
    TSG Property Maintenance Co.
  2. ScottH

ScottH LawnSite Member

You didn't mention if you were working on tweeking the unit in conjunction with the dealer or not. They should be helping you out. If not let them know your problems. If they can't figure it out, they should be getting their rep involved anyhow. If they are uncooperative, I would get intouch with the company via either email or phone.

Good luck
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mr. Garvey,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.
    It sounds as though you've done most of the things I would have you normally look at right from the start.
    If you would, send an email to service@exmark.com with answers to the following, we'll see if we can get some one to come and look at it, and/or have a solution.

Dealers Name/Location.
    Is this a new unit?-if not I have some additional items that we would want to look at. Idlers, belts, etc.
    Cutting Conditions (wet/dry thick/sparse flat/rolling)-I realize a lot of this is relative, but any information will help.
    The type of grass you're cutting.
    Cutting height.
    Does it sound like the engine is bogging down? If so what engine model do you have?
    Is it leaving stragglers all over the width of the deck, or just in certain locations relative to the deck?
    If you could help me out with these, I feel confidant we'll be able to get something figured out.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for your response. Yes, I bought the mower new from Frederick Equipment in Frederick MD. I believe I made a mistake purchasing my Lazer from them as they do not seem to have time for me. The first week after I bought the machine I asked them to do a 'simple' blade swap for me and they were too busy. Then I called this past Saturday to see if they could sharpen blades for me... "too busy".

Anyway, there is another Exmark dealer (Liberty Discount) not too far from me that had time for me even though I didn't purchase from them.

Most of the lawns I cut out here in farm country are a mixture of grasses. Some lawns look as though they have 10 different varieties of grasses mixed together...

Conditions were a little wet but are now a little dry... I cut the majority at 3 1/4 - 3 3/4. The engine (25 Kohler) is not bogging down at all because like I said the I feel the grass is not overly thick or tall. There is no particular pattern to what's not being cut... so I guess you can call them stragglers... but there's too many of 'em in my opinion. Seems like there's not enough vacuum... I dunno??? :confused:

I will check with the new dealer this weekend...
  5. MAXED500

MAXED500 LawnSite Member

Hello. Sorry to but in on this thread, but I have the same thing occuring with my 60" Lazer Z w/25 hp. It is occuring with the short white topped clover and other weeds that make up a lot of the yards I manicure. The stuff can be wet/dry, flat ground/rolling, no difference. It does become less noticeable if I cut at 2 1/2" versus my usual 2 3/4" Anyway, love my Lazer Z---would like a pivoting front axle though. Have a fantastic holiday everyone!!!
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if stragglers is the problem,doubles eliminated that for me.
    i use a 52 lazer.try a mulch on the bottom and high lift on top.
    if that creates to much sucktion mabe two regulars. hope it helps you as much as it did me.mine is the smoothest cut in this area that i see.later
  7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Why not get rid of the weeds? Sorry, just seems funny to state the "lawns" are made of mostly weeds and state you "manicure" them? :confused: Weeds are the most difficult to mow, it may not be the mower it may be the lawn, try lowering a 1/2" to 1" if possible and see what happens. Or get rid of the weeds....
  8. MAXED500

MAXED500 LawnSite Member

To: Kirbys lawn,

Thanks for your reply, I'll remember the info.