sterilize price check

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sandbur, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sandbur

sandbur LawnSite Member

I sterilize several locations but not this large, need some ideas. The lot is 210040 sq ft

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Holy Makeral! Did you say 210040, as in two hundred ten thousand, forty? Or did you mean 21040, as in twenty one thousand, forty? The first, that is close to 5 acres.

3. sandbur

sandbur LawnSite Member

Thats right 210040 or 4.82 acres

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What do you normally use for a residual?

5. sandbur

sandbur LawnSite Member

krovar & oust

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Boy, I've never used that before. I'm willing to bet, with the amount of this type of work (total sterilization) you've done, you have done your share of costing and comparison. For the residual control I do, I really like to use Oryzalin, because it is so controllable. I mean the chem itself is controllable. Not alot of leaching, and the ability to control the time of control by the mix. I just mix this with Gly, which is economical.

7. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I try to get $400-$500 per acre for Sahara or Pramitol (similar product cost, depending on rates). On a site that big, I'd go as low as $300, depending on PITA factor.Sahara if close to the Krovar/Oust you are using. I did some work 10-12 years ago for Consumers Energy up here and the Krovar/Oust combination is what they spec.'d.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have always used Sahara with a 1/2 rate of roundup to start the process. But never on a big area like your talking about. We usually just do fence lines and gravel parking areas.