1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sterling Controllers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HokieAg07, May 22, 2008.

1. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe its because Im young, but I have never come across these controllers before. Have 3 of these on a complex we just picked up. TruGreen left me with quite a mess, got lots of 521 usage coming up :dizzy:

Opinions? Really arent all that difficult to program, just lots of button pushing.

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Never seem em before.

but im a pup..Im sure the older guys on here will bark up..
  3. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

hook up a tow rope...............
  4. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe we can sell them some new clocks, already got them for some rain sensors, dont know why nobody ever put them on before :confused:

It is Capital One, so god knows they have plenty of money to spend
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Those are an older model. The clocks are usually pretty reliable.

Just that those don't have a non-volatile memory and rely on Ni-Cads and a trickle charge just like the old Irritrol MC Plus.

New ones have 6 programs.

BTW, as I recall, with those and on the new ones you need a "normally open" rain sensor. Check with Superior.
  7. At least it has a pigtail ready to go unless you installed it. Might want to go the new timer route. Superior was generally a good product company INMO.
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

You could at least sync the clocks, ,geez.

Thats some old chitt right there.
  9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

never look in the prop house here? They're good expensive controllers. I haven't seen them in a non-nursery environment. Ours you can program to the second and of course you have all kinds of options for intervals. Mostly used in prop houses running the misters and such, aka a 2 second blast every 15 minutes.
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ive seen their ads in trade rags. New ones realy dont seem to look all that different from those in the pics.