1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sterling Lawn & Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SterlingLawn&Landscape, Feb 24, 2013.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Loving the fords man.

2. SterlingLawn&Landscape

SterlingLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member
    from RI

Thanks LawnMan I've had 4 of the older models like these and they've always been great little workhorses. The newer models I'm having some trouble with they are just so difficult to work on they really bury the motors back in there.

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I've always liked the OBS fords and the older 150's seem a lot more beefed up than the newer ones.

4. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

I completely agree! Not a big fan of this 5.4 right now... seems to rev so much to make power. Don't get me wrong lot more power than my older ones just not quite the torque monster I would like especially towing a big dump trailer up hill.

5. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Go get em big guy.....Looks like youre on the right track. I wish I had started my business when I was younger, but it is what it is.. Looks like you do a good job, keep it up.
    A piece of advice, everyone has them...Website. Last year was my 2nd year with mine and my business DOUBLED... Very inexpensive to maintain and to have professionally done. Good luck man, and stay the course of making an honest living and doing a good job.

6. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

Thanks bolc5150, I am fortunate I started younger. Needed a way to pay for stuff didn't get a whole lot of handouts growing up lol, no regrets at all though.

Anyways I agree about the website I need to allocate some more funds for it this year and get it looking nicer. That's where everyone goes to check you out when you advertise. My fb page is a little nicer, easier for me personally to do and keep up with, and surprisingly has gotten me some decent outreach.

7. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

Small residential spring cleanup little while back

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

8. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

Small Accenting Garden

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

9. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

One thing I'm really not a huge fan of is after the re-sizing of the pics to post, it does a good number on the quality of the pics.

10. SterlingLawn&Landscape

from RI

(Before pics, and new layout) Residential landscape enhancement from a few seasons back

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

before 3.jpg

plan 1.jpg

plan 2.jpg