sthil 600 backpack rack by trimmer trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clord, Jul 18, 2008.

1. clord

clord LawnSite Member

I got home today and noticed my backpack was hanging off my trimmer rack bp holder and my first thought was I did not lock it in properly but the back piece that goes against your back was snapped in half. Has anyone had this problem? Check out the picture

bp blower.jpg

2. clord

clord LawnSite Member

Anyone had any bad luck with the ST-2 rack?

3. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Did someone try to steal it?

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

i would say that the rack was made wrong and didnt support the blower right, or the blower was put on the rack wrong.

5. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

To get that kind of damage, it almost had to have external forces applied to a "downward/outward" motion. I would guess someone tried to rip you off.

Exmark Lazer Z AS 52" Ultra-cut
    Husqvarna 4824 ZTR
    Gravely Pro-cut 21"
    Stihl 4-Mix Kombi
    Stilh 2-cycle Kombi
    Stihl BG-85 Hand-held
    Redmax 2300 trimmer
    Redmax Hedge Trimmer
    Shindawia Back-pack
    McClain Edger
    Agri-Fab Aerator
    7' X 12' Pro-Pull Trailer
    1995 Silverado

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I dunno man. Kinda looks like someone tried to rip that sucker off.

I did see these pictures on ebay last night when I was looking for a replacement for my stolen blower.

I bet this sucker was stolen, or attempted to get stolen at some point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

By the way, I just went and put some good pressure on mine for a bit and it seems like someone would have to use some good pressure to get it to do that. I dont think even bouncing around would do it.

8. clord

clord LawnSite Member

Nope, I heard it snap while I was driving. It was installed properly and never been dropped and I didn't hit anything. I replied to a thread a while back about this rack saying how the rubber was wearing off and you have to strap it to stop it from shaken as you'r driving down the road but I stopped strapping it for the last 3 months. Anyways I took it to my dealer today and they are going to fix it under warranty since they were both purchased there and they gave me a loaner to use for a few days. The parts manager said he's seen a few come in the same way using the same racks, he told me to move the rack to the front of the trailer to keep it from behind the axles so it won't shake as bad. I said i'm taken it off and not using it anymore.

9. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

The thief got ticked-off that you had it locked and was teaching you a lesson, at least in his/her crack-addled mind!

I've never had any issues with Trimmer Trap products.

10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

WHOA DEJA VU!!! My 600 did the EXACT same thing last week!! I mean EXACTLY the same. Dealer said he'd never seen one do that. Had to replace the whole piece. Mine is OUT of warranty though :cry: My rack is not a dedicated 600 rack. I know mine was not a theft attempt. I had just loaded it on the rack from one job and when I got the next job it was broken.