1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sthil BR 600 Back Pack Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttinUP, Mar 5, 2006.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Has any one bought one of the new BR 600 Sthil BP blowers yet? The numbers are very impressive. I have the BR 420 and it has been awesome. Looking at getting a second BP blower and want one that has a little more force. I have heard allot of good things about the Redmax 7001 also, but it is allot older technology and the dealer told me to stay away from any of the new Strato Charged engines.
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

"Looking at getting a second BP blower and want one that has a little more force."

Then don't get the BR600........because it doesn't have a little more force.....it has A LOT more force. You can read threads all day long on this forum about Redmax being more powerful, Shindawia is better, etc. etc. but the BR600 is lighter/more comfortable and gives more blow for the dough IMHO!
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

i'll secound this:clapping:
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we are slowly replacing all our br420s as they blow up. we currently have 4 br600's and they are unbeleivable. much better than the 420's. hopefully they last a little longer.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hay Matt:waving:
  6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

You can tell spring is around the corner. We are reviving the BR 600 discussion. OK, I love mine and I also have the Red Max 8000. I will use the 600 more than the 8000.
  7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am a huge fan of the br600s... well until last month. 2 of 3 my units are having new shortblocks ordered as we speak. A bearing went out in one, and the other dropped a valve. The third blower has a broken handle. These things were not designed to hang on a trimmer trap evidently. There is also a crack in the handle on one of the blown blowers also. So it is not concidence. We run stihl brand 2-cycle to manufactures spec and most of the time a little rich just to be sure. These blowers are all a few months old and were purchased after Stihl had all the recalls. They are all under warranty, but it makes me wonder how long they will last after the warranty. Unfortunately, I will be purchasing echo blowers from now on. They are heavier, bulkier, and not as comfortable... but they don't "blow" up. This is really disappointing to me, because I love Stihl and love the blowers. I just don't want them to blow-up after warranty.
  8. bearcatlawn

bearcatlawn LawnSite Member

What is the price difference between the two? We have 3 of the 420's and they do ok. I couldn't see forking over the money for the 8000's.
  9. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

I am with Bearcat. I have 2 BR420 and they a great. I dont know if the money would be worth it if it was alot. What is the difference, I tried to search online but couldn't find it.
  10. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

I used to think that too, but once i bought mine i cant beleive the power they have.