Sthil Br 600 or RedMax Ebz 8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FordManKubotaDreamer, Nov 4, 2005.

1. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

Which would you buy for the money??? Thanks

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I am loving my redmax 8000. The filtration system on that thing is better than any small walkbehind mower i have ever seen. Has a foam precleaner and paper main element, right. I have prolly about 40 hours on mine, and no dirt has even passed through the foam yet! LOL. Stihl is great, but redmax has them beat with blowers IMO.

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought a BR600 yester day and that things is AWESOME the power blew me away and itr light you feel no vibration its quite and ITS A FOUR STROKE

4. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

How Much Did You Pay For Yours???

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax ebz8000 all the way. We LOVE our and will never go back to anything else. I blew a gas grill off from a deck the other day by mistake..;)

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

It was 469.00 and well worth it

7. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I had a Sthil representative tell me not only is BR600 cheaper but it has more power at the tube end and is lighter. I'll be buying the Redmax 8000 or BR600 soon. Still trying to decide.

8. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Not this thread again. *shakes head*:dizzy:

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My money bought the Stihl.

10. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the 8000 for a year now. Two weeks ago I bought the BR600. My dealer sells both. In that two week time I haven't taken the 8000 off the truck. The 600 has done everything I want and is much more comfprtable to use, especially in and around the house and flower beds. I like the throttle control on the tube which my 8000 doesn't have. As for overall power I don't see a huge difference. My dealer steers everybody towards the 8000 and was suprised when I told her I liked the 600 better. i guess I'm in the minority.