sthil br600 and other hand held equipment help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm sick and tired of allways haveing problems with my redmax 7001 blower and stick edger. but i also have a sthil fs 90 weed wip and i love it allwas starts and runs good. so what do you guys think of the br600? what are the pros and cons and how does it compare to the redmax 7001 is it bigger then the 7001 or the same size. and i'm also looking the sthil fs95 stick edger anyone have any experience with this edger. any feed back would be greatly appreicated
    thanks
    alex

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

3. The Grass Guy

The Grass Guy LawnSite Member

I own a Br600 and its a great blower,usually starts on 2nd pull, couldnt ask for a stronger blowing unit, if you go to a good stihl dealer they will have a video where they built a ramp that had an incline on it,they built a small wheeled sled with a flat plate on the front of it, they locked in all of the major blowers to blow against the plate to see how far this sled would go, they added two solid cap blocks to the back for weight and let it rip,if I recall redmax came in second with the stihl blower taking the prize, its a good video to look at, as far as the edger goes I run the FC75 they say it will start running better as it gets more hours on it,also I was told to run mid grade gas in my stihl equipment and not the cheap stuff,you can tell the difference, The only thing i dislike about my edger is the back edge of the metal guard clogs up with dirt frequently and actually slows the blade down, outside of that Im happy with all of my stihl equipment,just bought the new Kombi unit a week or so ago and got the pole hedge trimmer for it,really nice stuff,

4. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

i iove my stihls

5. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I resently demoed an 8001 against my br600. They were so close in performance I couldn't tell a differance. The 8001 is heavier and seems to spool a little slower than the 600. With that said I know you are running a 7001 so you should be happy with a br600. As far as an edger - unless you are edging a LOT the I would go with the km110 and the straight edger attachment. I have that unit with the trimmer, hedge trimmer, and pole saw, and straight edger and still don't use it as mush as my dedicated trimmers. just my .02

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Juat bought a Stihl; BR 600. Love it. I too am leaving Redmax as they die. Im not impressed with them. I will prolly buy all Stihl from here on.

7. caranheim

caranheim LawnSite Member

I bought the STIHL BR 600 to replace my STIHL BR 420C, which I gave to my daughter. There is no doubt the BR 600 has a lot more blowing power than my BR 420C, and it has the same weight. I use the STIHL Ultra oil and premium gasoline. Would I buy one again? You Bet I Would! Charles Ranheim

8. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

As far as the edger I would reccomend to get the straight shaft model, the extra torque of the solid shaft will be worth it when you have to cut a new edge in.

The br600 is a monster, I borrowed a friends and now I have to get one before the leaves start droppin.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I buy everything Stihl except for back pack blowers. My experience has been the opposite. Very powerful and reliable. Plus I am giving the 4 mix a few years to work out any kinks (which there have been some bad ones in early models) before I switch over. I just bought a 250 Stihl trimmer because it is still a two stroke. Some say it's heavy but it doesn't seem heavy to me and is a beast in heavy grass etc.

My Equipment includes:
    Stihl 55 trimmer
    Stihl 80 trimmer
    Stihl 250 trimmer
    Stihl 021 Chain Saw
    Stihl hand held blowers (2)
    But the back pack is a RED MAX 7001

I like Stihl and I like two strokes but this is just my personal preference.

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Stihl BR600 Hands down & for an edger, the FC110 is tops.

Rob