Sthil fs 110 4- Mix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 12, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

Well, I bought one the other day and so far I like it. It has a lot more power the my FS 85 (which I love), and seems to be balanced better. The throttle is a little touchy and it takes longer to warm up and is a little harder to start ( let me say I have NEVER had a problem with my 85 starting, always starts with the 2nd or 3rd pull) but so far so good, it does take some time getting used to because you don't have to rev it much to get it to cut. Also, (I know this is a minor thing) it seems to be more fuel efficient.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Keep me informed on how it holds up. I want to switch over to them for next season.

3. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Ive been using a 110 for bout 6 weeks now. Very nice machine. We will be replacing all our older stihl 2 strokes with 110's as they die.

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Note:

Don't forget to do the valve adjustments on these 4 mix machines every 100 hours or so.

If not done, the thing won't run right for long.

PS. 100 hours in my world is approx. every 2 to 3 weeks!!! I think I'll stick with the high quality 2-cycle lines like Echo, Red-Max etc.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Master- How many hours is on yours?? Over 100 hours? Have you done the valve adjustment yet?

Jimbo

6. Grass Master

Jimbo,

I ended up not buying the 4-mix units because of the valve adjustment situation. I do not have the time to worry about my freking trimmers every 2 to 4 weeks!

I ended up going with Echo SRM260S trimmers and 260 edgers. (It was what my dealer suggested anyway)

PS..The Echo units so far have been excellent!!

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

How hard is it to do the valve adjustment? I looked at one today and it really seemed nice. I am unsure whether or not to go with one when I get a new trimmer.

:D

8. Grass Master

The valve adjustment requires special tools and I don't have the time to **** with it during the busy season!....especially every 100 hours!!

I am sticking to high quality 2 cycle stuff like Echo and RedMax...

9. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

135 hrs at the frist valve check. And it comes with a valve cover gasket and feeler gage.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We do 4 U:

How much did you pay for your 110?
    Thanks,