Sthil Fs100 RX

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eaton_mtl, May 29, 2006.

1. Eaton_mtl

Eaton_mtl LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I just bought this machine 3 days ago to replace my small echo trimmer that is getting repaired at the dealer. When I bought the 100rx the guy at the shop told me i could put on the head gearbox attachment on it , thats part of the reason why i bought it. But when looking on the sthil website they say the 100rx is not approved for use with the attachments.

I was wondering if any of you guys use the 100rx with attachment and how well it performs.

Thanks in advance,
    My english is not perfect , french is my first language , I am from quebec canada.
    :canadaflag:

2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Cannot answer your question, however your english looks fine.

La native in Texas

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering the same thing. I'd bet it would work just fine.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You can only put attachments on the FC110 edger and the FS110R as they have a solid drive cable. The FS100RX has a hollow cable. So no you can not run attachments with the 100RX.

Rob

5. HenryB

If it's the same spline pattern at the end of the shaft it should work. Maybe not approved by Stihl but it should work.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Henry, Go to STIHL's web site and go to trimmers then to the FS100RX and it will tell you that you can not use attachments with it.

Rob

7. Shannon Keller

Shannon Keller LawnSite Member

Will work for a short time. But when a load is added it will tweek the end of the hollow shaft.- i.e. One of my guys mistakenly put the hedge trimming attachment on the FS 100 instead of the FS 110. It will work, but for how long one can only speculate.

8. HenryB

A local guy has used the att.'s interchangeably for a couple of years and he's never replaced a shaft. He's got fs80,85's,100's and 110's. The flex cables seem pretty tough.

9. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't try it. like above said has a hollow alumnum drive shaft might not handle the other jobs as well with the trimmer.

10. HenryB

P.S. I know what the web page says. I don't think the hedger would put any more stress on the shaft than a weed wacker; and besides what's a shaft $22.