Sthil Trimmers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SethFrickey, Aug 2, 2007.

1. SethFrickey

SethFrickey LawnSite Member

I Have A Fs 250 Sthil Trimmer And Fs 110 Sthil Trimmer And The Bump Heads To Feed The String Always Seem To Wear Out Quickly! Anyone Know If They Make A Better Head For Them? Thanks For Your Help!

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Here's a tip, keep the head off the concrete and they won't wear out as fast. I had the same problem with some of my employees keeping those heads on the concrete when the were clearing out some cracks. Thats the best solution.

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How long are you getting out of them ?? Nothing you can really do about it ,if you have employee's there going to were out,thats the nature of Stihl's bump heads. I buy 4 new ones every 2 years. There about 7 bucks a piece here in M.D. As stated try not to bag um on the concrete.

4. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

what line diamiater are you using

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We use X line.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I like the Echo bump style head but I think the Stihl is the best from reliability and wearout standpoint......as previous response try to keep from letting the head ride the ground all the time.....and if you can't buy new ones. That Shin speed load/feed head has more meat on bump part so if you are going to ride the ground it would probably be better. I don't like the fact it isn't easy to check how much line in head and loading is a little tricky.