1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sthil what to do? "also a vent"

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mowerboy04, May 16, 2008.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok guys another thread got me started on this again. i bought a new sthil
    fs90r last july, since i brought it home i have been haveing problems with it, its been to the dealer 3 or 4 times and they still haven't fixed it. its really hard to start 16 pulls at least, and when it is running it has no power. so i called sthil the other day and got a distributer "not sthil directly" the guy said he was going to talk to someone about it and call me right back... its been 4 weeks since i have talked to them and no reply. i called them back yesterday and know one knew anything about it!!! i'm really getting mad here, i mean i have a trimmer that maybe has 5 hours of use on it beucase its been sitting in my shop in a conner becuase its a pice of junk!! and no one will do anything about it!!! i may not be the biggest lawn company around but i do remember buying over $2,000 worth of sthil equipment last year isn't this enough? i mean where is the customer support? any way just venting. anyone have any suggestions???
    thanks for listing to me vent
  2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Go over to arboristsite.com and ask some of those guy's!
    A few of them are Stihl dealers and I bet ya a dime they will help out pretty quick.
  3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not even a Stihl dealer, but I have had 5 pieces of stihl equipment in my shop this spring, mostly 100 series units, that all had spark but were hard starting. Have installed new coils on all (after the first one drove me nuts) and now start on first or second pull. I also remember some other members having issues with Stihls. I think they got a bad batch of coils. Even after starting, they don't want to rev right, like the timing on the coil is wrong. See if they will replace the coil. Also had one unit that was missing the spacer behind the coil where the coil was riding too much to the inside of the flywheel. Could be a bad ket on flywheel also. I believe most of the Stihls have these built into the flywheel.
  4. Fisher40037

Fisher40037 LawnSite Member

You should call Bryan Equipment at 1-513-248-2000, and ask to talk to
    your area's sales rep. You will likely get a voice mailbox, leave a message,
    he should get back to you soon.

What has the dealer been saying to you?
    Since you would be considered a commercial owner, did you take it to the dealer within the warranty period? P.M. me your unit's serial number.
    Give some more specific details.

5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i will get the serial number for you later today when i run over to the shop. also the dealer has been saying that its all fixed and should be good to go and then it has the same problems.