Sthil's new 4 mix blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guthrie&Co, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I was at a show the other day and sthil has a new 500 and 550 4 mix blower comming out. 4.5 hp! pretty nice unit but it comes with a price. it wont be long before that 2 cycle stuff is gone.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I believe that eventually the enviro-nuts will drive 2 cycle stuff off the market.
    However, I find that the typical 4-Mix prices are at or below the Stihl BR series prices, but you get a better, more powerful blower for the bucks. I find them to be cheap compared to the competition.
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I am glad the 2 cycle equipment is going out. i think its too loud for one. not to mention the polluition it causes. i cant wait until it hits the market. 4.6 hp for a blower. man thats is strong!
  4. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

my moms friends works at a garden place.. they sell stihl.. but, anywya she brought home a book, and i was reading about those new blowers. i think they look like a bubble but,, they seem to be really nice. wish i was bigger and could afford a couple. haha
  5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Long Live the 2-Stroke.... 4 Mix is an Invention of the Weak.... Red Max is Smart Enough to byPass this Backward Technology.