Stick Edger Blades

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TN Property Services, Aug 9, 2007.

1. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

I've searched and searched but haven't found anything with a definitive answer on this:
    For those of you that run two blades on your stick edger; Do they stay in line with edger or spin off and end up being offset. If they spin off and become offset, anyone figured out any remedies for it?

Thanks,

2. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

I never knew you could run two blades on a stick edger. I thought the machine was designed to run on one, without stressing the engine. I once ruined a weedwacker by taking the shield off, and letting too much string out. Because of that, I would never even imagine putting two blades on an edger.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you want to run two blades on a stick edger??

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Just get a thicker blade. Personally, I like the thinner blades.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I never tried it on a stick edger. I know it works wonders on a walk behind though. It puts a nice thick edge that doesn't really need touched up near as often.

6. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

I read a post on it here a while back, but couldn't find it. Trying to get a thicker, more defined edge that with one blade that just gives a failry thin line. Basically I am looking for more noticeable definition of the turf boundaries.

7. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

if you want a thicker edge just walk on the grass and hold the edger blade to the left of you if ur right handed. so the motor is by ur right arm and the blade is on the left side of ur left foot.

that'll make the edge nice and thick and slanted with one blade.

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

9. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you! Why?

10. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you didn't read three posts up, where he clearly stated why?