1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stick edger blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trulinelandscaping, Jan 30, 2005.

1. trulinelandscaping

trulinelandscaping LawnSite Member

Do most of the professionals out there use just the straight blade on their stick edgers or do they use the the "star", "8 point", "serreted", etc. Are these other blades worth their weight in money or not worth it. Feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

Truline Landscaping
  2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

straight blade here. The all burn down equally quick. A fatter one is better than a thin one. Other than that, cheaper is better.
  3. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

We use the cloverleaf blade. It has 4 blades on it. These out last the straight blades by a long shot. In a test of my own i went through 3 straight blades to 1 cloverleaf blade.
  4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i have used straight edge....hate them. clog too often and wear out too fast. now i have clover leaf shape...can't wait to use them.
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer for my stick trimmer sells the straight blades for about 2 bucks apiece. Didn't take me long to search for a better alternative. Lesco sells them by the case. I bought 50 blades, and they are thicker. The price each, you ask? How does .37 cents each sound to you? Much better than 2 bucks, and they last longer.