Stick Edger or traditional?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMan883, May 7, 2007.

1. LawnMan883

LawnMan883 LawnSite Member

Kind of a personal preference question here, but should i invest in a stick edger or a traditional push edger? i have not done much edging in the apst, but it's neede dnow. What do you guys like better?

2. CutsForLess

CutsForLess LawnSite Member

I use a Echo stick edger and I like it simply beacause it requires less room to store, it will also do just about anything you need.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

stick edger....if you can only have one.

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and I'll tell you that my push edger comes out only when I take on a new account that hasnt been edged in a long time.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

stick edger....easier storage, less maintenance,and aside from lawns which have never been edged It will do just about anything you need, and even then it will do the job, but will just take a bit longer.

And if you get one that has the same power head as your string trimmer, if you ever get in a bind you can always rob parts from it to keep a trimmer going in an emergency.

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

stick edger is all i need

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I bought a Tanaka walk-behind for those new accounts this year. Otherwise it is the stick edger....

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its pretty much stick edger now a days.. But the push edger is great for cleaning up the over grown edges.. Its much easier with a push edger.

9. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

There was a long thread on this about a week or two ago.

10. green horizons

green horizons LawnSite Member
    from zone 5

Both have their place, but If I were to choose only one it'd be a stick edger.