Stick edger that REALLY stands out...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, Feb 16, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple of JD stick edgers,and for the most part, have been pretty happy with them.I find them to be a little hard to crank,though.When doing a search I didn't really notice one brand really being touted over all the others.Has anyone tried a number of different brands over the years and found one to be clearly superior?Thanks.

2. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

STIHL FS85 Its the best ive tried

3. stihlajohndeere

stihlajohndeere LawnSite Member

I think you mean the FC85 and it is superior to others unless you go up to about 31cc. Then the Echo unit kicks but.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

shindaiwa is all we use an a little redmax..

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The FC85's are great. The edger design on them are much better. They don't clog up to the point it will actually stop the blade. They now have the FC110 with the new 4 mix motor. Its a torque hog so it will really do some edging.

6. fc 85 sthil great edger torq and power are excellent .

7. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

The distance from the wheel to the blade seems to be alot greater than on the JD.Does that make it easier to cut with or line up?I'm talking about that Stihl edger.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its adjustable.

9. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Redmax is all I use. Can't beat it.

Brian

10. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We just use Echos with attachments. Work fine for us. We don't do a whole lot of edging, so buying dedicated equipment didn't seem worth it.