Stick Edger to Cut Bed Edges?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Apr 5, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I am considering buying a stick edger to handle my sidewalk/patio/driveway edging. Can I also use it to cut clean edges on planting beds? If so which edger do you recommend? Thanks.

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not if you want it to look good...best way is the old fashion way with a bed edger tool...stick edgers are great for sidewalks and that's it...

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Yeah you can use it on beds. As far as which one....a commercial one....brand?...well, that's up to you.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I use my stick edger to maintain bed edges. But I use a Brown Bed edger for initial cut ins or clean ups.... The stick edger works great for maintaining.....

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was going to say,...they are really best suited to maintain beds after they are already cut.

6. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

As of what one to buy, i like stihl FC-110 $459.95. I Just got my price book

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I run the Shiny m2500 multi tool...... The Edger stays on it 95% of the time... I just bought the Tanaka walk behind edger.....

8. BleedsGreen

BleedsGreen LawnSite Member

Those Tanaka walk-behind edgers are SWEET!

9. Greengo

Greengo LawnSite Member

i'm with puddin', that stihl edger is awesome. it takes all the work out of it. you won't go wrong with the stihl 110.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I assumed this is what he was talking about.