Stick Edger vs. Wheeled Edger

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by theminigardener7, Feb 4, 2009.

1. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what type of edging your doing. Just a note but the STIHL MM55 also offers and edger attachment. And STIHL usually offers the unit in the spring standard with the wheel kit. I personally have one of the machines for tilling and looking at getting the edger atttachment. I love this unit, has many uses easy to use and plenty of power. Double handlebars make it comfortable and easy to use as well.

Still think I would like a stick edger for quick maintained jobs though.
  2. fluxerj

fluxerj LawnSite Member

We have always vertically weedwacked our edges, but we think picking up a nice edger will speed up lawncutting and ensure a good edge. Which is better, stick edgers or the larger push edgers? Does anyone know any good stick edgers to buy? We were looking into a Redmax, 300-350$. Thanks.
  3. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

The STIHL FC90 and 95 depending on whether you want a curved shaft or straight shaft.
    $329.95-409.95. Great power, fuel effecient, and low noise.
  4. ddivinia

ddivinia LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Where did you get 25% off on your Tanaka?

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

PayPal 25% off when you use a "buy it now" via the search feature. I also bought 3 Toro single stage throwers from the same place with the same discounts. had them all listed on ebay. and ebay have discounts that come and go.
  6. ddivinia

ddivinia LawnSite Member
    from Texas

7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have used both, and I liked my stick edger but it was stolen a few weeks ago and now I am using a craps man wb edger, I perfer a stick edger by far
  8. budman163

budman163 LawnSite Member

I prefer my stick edger for most jobs. I use an OLD push edger (from the mid to late '60"s) on overgrown drives and for one customer that likes a wider edge. I can't make as wide an edge with the stick edger.
  9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl Stick.......
  10. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my stick edger. I use the Stihl FC 90.