Stick Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kutnkru, Mar 10, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Now this brings a whole new meaning to the term edger. This unit literally leaves you about 2-3in. of space bwteen the turf edge and the concrete/pavement etc.

http://www.risboroturf.co.uk/fred.html

What do you guys think???
    Kris

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

kutnkru, it looks every nice, but there is a risk with that much edge between the lawn and drive. someone could step on it wrong and get hurt and the customers will have to pay for it. if the edge wasn't as big i would have to get 1.

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Tell ya what Kris thats one of the nifftiest little gadgets i've seen in a while. If it wasnt for the 5" edge it leaves i would want it in my arsenal of weapons!!

4. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Go to edgit.com...........I just bought one to put on a shindaiwa. The video looked like it did a great job....The good thing about this device is that it gives a stick edger edge on the walks and drives, but yet, you can still use it for all your other trimming, a real time saver. not to mention it's about $220 cheaper

5. Wildwood

Wildwood LawnSite Member

Guys! Guys! The trimmer isn't creating that "trench". Its just trimming the grass back with what appears to be the head of an ordinary line trimmer.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Its just a weedeater without a shaft. You can see the trimmer head mounted directly to the engine. Hey, has Stone taken a trip to England that we don't know about! :D