Stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Dec 5, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

My walk edger is a pain to use and will not run when I need it. A stick edger is what I need. What brand should I look for? I won't do redmax because of the dealer support in my area.
  2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have an echo and a stihl. For everyday use I use the echo, much lighter, less cc's. The stihl is awesome powerful, but heavier, and can feel it on the shoulder rotating cup.
    Good Luck!!
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

echo is still my favorite -its got the best wheel sys. sthil is good too . husky decent . if getting echo -get the 2400 -not the 2100 .
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Stihl FC 75, I would highly recommend it. There are many other brands that are probably just as good but we have a great local Stihl and Scag dealer.
  5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the Echos, the Stihl I used, while powerful as hell, was also always causing me problems, so I used the walk behind edger instead.
  6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have an 03 shindaiwa LE231 it always starts with a pull or 2, great on power and easy on fuel, light weight and can edge as fast as you can walk
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah what's with stihl? I used a fs trimmer and it hurt after awhile with the vibrations and all. Stihl has a lifetime warranty on clutch and drive shaft. Echos just seem underpowered compared to others. I would have a redmax but dealer support isn't good. I'm thinking stihl fc75 or the echo 2400.
  8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I prefer echo. Nice and light, and does a nice job. As far as power goes never really had it to slow me down and it leaves a nice clean looking edge.
  9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I use a shindawae, and it works great.
  10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

ya, I like the shindaiwa m2510. has a lot more torque than the le231.