stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by magicmike, May 3, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to buy a stick edger. Something that has a lot of power, I was thinking the redmax HEZ3060S. I am wondering if anyone has it and how does it perform? What price did you pay?

Or if anyone else can recommend another product. But here is the thing, it has to be red and black :dizzy: :wall

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

3. magicmike

4. Valk

If you're bound to red & black, then RedMax might be your answer! That 3060 is prolly a pretty penny, but a lot of power, too. I recall a recent thread about the blade shroud/guard not being well constructed...unless RM installed a beefier one on this unit.

5. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

I have the straight shaft Redmax and love it, it has more than enough power. I used to use my walkbehind edger for the hell jobs, but now not as much. It is heavy though. Get it you will be happy. Get anything Redmax and you won't loose..

6. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

Run a Stihl FS110R with the edger attachment- does a great job, but if you want more power could step up to the FS130R with edger attachment...keep an extra string head and you have a backup string trimmer if needed...

7. Valk

...and paint that Stihl red & black!

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

get an atom edger. it has the same engine as the 35cc honda trimmer.

9. magicmike

I actually looked this up a few days ago and I called the US distributor and the number on the site was wrong. I searched it on amazon and it is 625 from seago direct that is a little more than I want to spend.

But the video was cool thanks, do you use it? If so where did you get it and how much?