1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stick edger ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MImowerkid, Jul 19, 2004.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I am posting this for my buddy , he is just getting started and is looking for a used stick edger and is looking for advice/one to buy so if anyone could help him out that would be great. Thanks in advance!
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Use the SEARCH FEATURE as this question has been answered 5,000 times on here.
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if he holds the trimmer left handed don't buy a shindaiwa edger, because the curved shaft will kill his back. I imagine that the shindaiwa would be good if he held it right handed but since i hold everything left handed I couldn't say.

I've heard a lot of good things about the stihl edger but have never owned one.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i have the stihl 110 4mix edger, and trimmer. GET the stihl 4 mix edger and put a star blade on and it will improve the edge outstandingly!
  5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

mark are you in school still?
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

right now? no. but im a junior in hs. i jus got done early for the day today for a change, just had to clean up from the sod stuff from sat, the dump was closed sunday so i picked it up today so i can get ready for the patio tommarow :) and i feel like crap and i dont want my guys being unsupervised so we closed up around 2:30.