1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stick Edgers (Green Machine?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holloway Lawns, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I want a stick edger any one know if a green Machine is any good?

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

They are being sold on E-BAY for 150.00 ( Good Deal )
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't heard "Green Machine" in quite a while. Does anybody know the real story? They went out of business in the late 80's I believe. I have an old early 80's 3000SS Green Machine string trimmer. The head gasket is blown, I couldn't get parts for it, so I let it sit. It's still around somewhere. They were really well built trimmers back then. They were quite heavy though, compared to my Echo's that I now have. Something tells me that someone bought the name, but the quality just isn't there anymore. :confused:
  4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

If you need a repair to a Green Machine see your John Deere Dealer. Green Machine is owned By John Deere and uses Mitsubishi motors on there trimmers. (same as John Deere) and
    Robin and/or Mitsubishi on there stick edgers, Kaw on the Hedge Trimmers and Blowers.

All questions as far as how to obtain warranty service

Green Machine by John Deere
    PO Box 7047
    14401 Carowinds Blvd.
    Charlotte N.C. 28241

And yes Green Machine is NO MORE But this has happened in the last year or two. Parts and service is not a issue.
  5. digger1

digger1 LawnSite Member

KDJ is correct that John Deere bought the Green Machine line several years ago. Used to run the 3000's also and were really great. Also, some of the Redmax brand parts interchange with Green Machine.
    Been runnin' Echo 2400's for several years and would recommend them (2100 is too small and the 3000 is too heavy).
  6. Holloway Lawns

In 93 I used a Green Machine trimmer worked great. I did see them at our Sams club about 2 months ago do not remember the cost but have not seen them any where since. I have a Stihl 85 trimmer and it is ok just don't like the head turning counter clockwise. I want a stick edger to speed up the job and maybe even a better edge. Thanks for your responses so far.
  7. Holloway Lawns

Any one else have comments on Green Machine stick edgers? Do you think that they would last a while and have the power to perform?