1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stick edgers on the soft edge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard, Apr 6, 2000.

1. richard

richard Banned

thinking about a stick edger how are they on the soft edge? throw rocks? wear blades? brands?
  2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldnt know what to do without mine a blade will last you a week(resintial)if you flip it over during the week and 1-2 days commercial but its only 1.00 a blade as far as rocks go after you edge a place the edge stays pretty clear i have 1 property the has a rock garden so i edge with round-up if you get 1 get a shindaiwa<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Why Shindaiwa?
  4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i have found them to be the longest running and easiest to start im sure the majority of people on this forum would agree, do a search on &quot;edg&quot; and you will find there has been alot of discussion on this topic or try &quot;shin&quot; <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>
  5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't used them all, but out of the Echo's, Stihl, Maruyama's and Shindaiwa's I have owned, I like the Shindaiwa.