Stick Edger's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Apr 29, 2008.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

NEED A STICK EDGER,,,BEEN LOOKIN AT ECHO PRODUCTS,,THE 200 AN THE 230 SERIES,,HOW DO U USE THEM,, NEVER USED ONE OF THOSE THING'S,,SEEN THEM THAT IS ABOUT IT,, RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE OLD BUT GOLDIE TYPE,, W/ 3 WHEELS 3 HP BRIGGS,, I'VE LOOKIN IN SOME THING THAT IS A LITTLE FASTER,, HAVING OVER 25 ACCOUNTS,, I SPEND MORE TIME ON EDGING,,TRIMMING,,BLOWING OFF DRIVEWAY'S PARKING LOTS,,,:confused:

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the echo 200 is underpowered for comm use

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got rid of my 200. No power and it was just cheaply made all over. I replaced it with a Shindy LE261. 24cc engine, plenty of power. Go with something at least 24cc or more. and make sure it is comm grade quality.

4. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a kawasaki 27a. Use it alot, and cant complain at all

5. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

I have a Shindaiwa C4 LE2510 edger that I love. It's light/quiet/ very torquey. It also has a good quality edge IMO.

6. ezgoer1969

ezgoer1969 LawnSite Member

The 200 is not worth it. Way under powered and will wear you out quickly. Go with the most powerful one you can aford.
    Where I am at, nobobdy edges. I edge all my yards. I bought a mclane wb edger to use on all the first cuts. Then stick edger to maintain. But I have the 200 and wish I bought the more powerful one now.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

The PE 200 will work just fine after your first time. But the first time will be a little harder due to not having the power the bigger ones do. I have a 200 and a 260 PAS edger. The 260 has a ton of power and cuts through over growth fast and in one cut, but it is also alot heavier the the 200 and nearly double the price.

8. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Stihl FC75 works good. Also have the 110 straight one when more torque is needed.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Just Mow, I take it that's your daily edger correct? It's kinda funny to hear you say you only use the 110 as needed as that bad boy is my daily edger.

10. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I use the echo PAS 260 for the edger and back up trimmer. Cost a little under 500 for both, but both work great.