Stick Edgers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MightyMc12, Aug 1, 2004.

1. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

What is the going price for stick edgers? Which are best what does every one use? Looking For something cheap. Any body every used a trimmer/edger. Results?
  2. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

get one of Ebay. They are on Ebay all the time. I have bought two Stihl's and they run like new.
  3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

If your looking for a cheap one may I suggest the ryobi split boom with the straight shaft edger. It not professional grade, but I used one for a few years, abused the hell out of it and it just came back for more. Its is not as good as my redmax staight shaft edger, but it got the job done till I could aford better. What ever you do stay away from weedeater brand 2 cycl push edgers. They have a design flaw that when they get hot they lose compression, and quit working till they cool down. I got one as a gift and it was a total pos, though their blower worked well enough.
  4. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

I agree with shiznitttt. I bought my two Shindaiwa Le-261's off of there. It averaged about $175 for one edger. Good deal in my book.
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought Husqvarnas split shaft trimmer and an edger attachment. Works wonderful.....That engine has some torque. I used the ryobi and it lasted maybe 8 hours time. I had the 4 stroke ryobi and the 2 stroke....Both junk.
  6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an FC75 Stihl Stick Edger, straight shaft, its a pretty good edger. I would go with one of their more powerful edgers if I was going to do it again. It works perfect for routine maintenance though.
  7. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have a stihl stick edger that does a good job. I had to put in the shop for a couple days for a broken switch, so I bought a Kawasaki and it also doesa good job and is a lot quieter than the Stihl.
  8. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

is what I run...rock solid, all the time.

I use the quad style cutter

9. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

can your maching really handle quad?
  10. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

i have the fs110 and it is great! i can make a fresh edge with it unlike other stick edgers i have had. in other words, it does more than just maintain the edge on a weekly basis