Stick Edging Concrete Driveway

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BeautifulBlooms, May 2, 2007.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new stick edger and was wondering how you guys charge for this service.

How often do you do it (3 times a year)????

How long does it take to edge and how long does it take to pick up the debris?

I would guess I could edge 100 feet in 10 minutes but that is a total guess. What about cleanup???

Anyone help me out here.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I edge weekly, or at the very least every other week. It takes about as long as it takes to walk the distance you are edging, if you keep it edged weekly. Cleaning up the debris is a non-issue, as you are gonna be blowing off the area anyway, and edging only adds a small amount of stuff when done regularly.

3. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

I agree, should be able to edge a driveway as fast as you can walk it. Of course, it will take a little pratice and experience. I prefer to use an edger over a trimmer for concrete edges, faster in my opinion.

Edging is included in weekly cost, but if new costumer asks to edge something that hasn't been taken care of in years, I estimate the time required and then charge accordingly. It will take pratice to get your estimates down for something like this.

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The clean up after the first time edge is where I would charge more.

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I charge nineteen cents / foot for 1st time