stick to the same brand?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greatgatsby, Jan 30, 2008.

1. greatgatsby

greatgatsby LawnSite Member

Hello - I am very pleased to have found this place. I just bought a 48 scag (belt drive) online. very nice machine, low hours fairly new... anyway. i am also thinking i will need to get into back yard gates. and am looking at 32 inch mowers. i have used lesco mowers when i was in college, and have found a potential lesco for sale. my question will mixing and matching mowers be a bad idea down the road? thanks.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

No.... it's hard to keep all the same type of mowers.

it's easyer keeping all the same type of hand held equiptment. But for mowers not so easy, Unless of corse you have a ton of cash, and that leaves most of us out...

try to get mowers that have a Good dealer close to you...

nothing worse that having a dealer hundred miles away, having a belt break and you cant get it replaced for 3 days.

Good luck
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

That is kinda a hard question to answer.....IT can be good if one mower is hard to get parts for....if the manufacturer is having problems or if your dealer doesnt like to stock parts..then it could be good so both mowers might not be with out parts

The bad thing may need to visit 2 different dealers for parts and service instead of making one stop for all

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I tried to keep all the same, but I ended up with an Exmark, a Toro, and hopefully my next purchase will be a Walker. I do try to stay with Toro, Exmark, and Redmax because my dealer has all of those brands.
  5. lonestarlandscaping

lonestarlandscaping LawnSite Member

I have all of the same equipment so I can stock extra parts and interchange everything, because everything matches up.