1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stick, wb, trimmer for edger guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tim cooper, Mar 1, 2002.

1. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

just curious on ur thoughts ... which one do u guys prefer... ive read that some of u like a walk behind for initial edging then use trimmer for later times...... just ur thoughts
  2. Weed eater all the time.

The others are too slow.

I may try an www.edgit.com this year for the beginners.
  3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimmers I just wish I could teach others to do it . What part of 90 deg. don't they get?
  4. Too much geometry. I guess it's the 90 part tell em 270 degrees.
  5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

My stick edger just sits on the trailer after one use of it. Do all the edges with the (Stihl) trimmer. 2x as fast as the stick.
  6. Another one who says almost the same as me HUMMM:rolleyes:
  7. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

What's that suppose to mean?????
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i like using a stick edger. i can do it either way but the soil here is so hard it uses a lot more trimmer line if the ground isn't moist from rain.

those that are using the trimmer and can't get their employees to get it right, straight shaft or curved? i CAN'T do it with a curved shaft trimmer (retired those anyway).
  9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never been very good at edging with a string trimmer, so my stick edger is a must for me. I have always used an Echo curved shaft for trimming but I've recently bought an Echo straight shaft. It's so different, I need to practice with it. I'm stlll trying to figure out why the straight shaft and the curved shaft rotate in opposite directions.
  10. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Tim do a search, about 2-3 weeks ago this was a big topic of discussion here. I think the tread was stick edger vs wacker of somthing like that. If anybody remembers post it please. thanks