Sticker to spot spray weeds?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikesturf, Apr 23, 2006.

1. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 4 gallon back pack sprayer that I use to spot spray weeds. Usually use Speed Zone or Momentum. Does anyone add a sticker to their spot spraying solution? If so, what brand do you use and do you notice a difference in the results. Yes I'm licensed.
  2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I always pour in about a tablespoon or more. Not sure the brand but not sure it matters.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You almost want it in your spot solution more than your regular blanket mix. If you are spotting, you SURE don't want to be ineffective.
  4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Always, I have used Nu-film 17, LS700, and lesco spreader sticker. I am using the Lesco right now, it seems to be effective and the cost isn't bad.

The Nu-film 17 is definitely the best I've used but it is hard on valves and nozzles, you need to rinse everything out daily or it starts to build up, but it is a great sticker. I have applied minutes before long heavy rains and had perfect reults many times.
  5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

So you guys use it in your backpack even in high temps?
  6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about Speedzone or the spreader sticker? Read the label and it tells you that if it gets over a certain temp then don't use it.
  7. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the quick replies. I will start using it ASAP.