sticky's.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TClawn, Dec 27, 2004.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

terry,

I think that it would be a good idea to post some stickys that answer reccuring questions. for starters people are always asking the msrp's of machines, they are also always asking for the width of the deck, how much trim side, etc.
    other's feel free to add your own.

I think that it would make it alot easier on you if some sticky threads were posted answering these common questions.

respectfully chris.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Ya there are some advantages. I really need to figure that sticky thing out.

The MSRP's are a tough one. As a company we've alwasy taken the stance that we would never post our complete price list for a variety of reasons.

There are a couple regarding blades, baffles and new products that I need to sticky but pricing. I'll work on that this week as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. TClawn

well, I don't see much difference between somebody starting a thread and you telling them the msrp, or having a thread preposted that all they have to do is scroll down. either way they find out the price. with the sticky it's just less work for you.

I know exmark takes the stance that the dealers set the price of their machines, so why don't you just have a paragraph at the top of the sticky saying that these prices are ONLY the manufacturers SUGGESTED sale price. the actual price is set by the dealers.

4. eXmark

TC,

You are correct there isn't a lot of difference but there is some. For now our policy is to not publish our MSRP however we do still want to be as open with information as possible as we can without violating this policy.

Pricing is a funny thing. It can vary greatly from region to region based on geography mostly. As an example it costs more to ship machines over the Rocky's than it does to ship eastbound. Also Different regions will have certain models that are big sellers but other models may not sell well at all. As an example if we still offered the now discontinued Explorer I am confident we would still be selling several in the western half of the US, Canada and anywhere that the long pine straw is present. This unit didn't sell well many other places. In the areas where it was a "hot" model you would often find it selling at a premium. In the areas where it maybe wasn't as popular you could often buy one at a discount.

The MSRP can be identical to the dealer’s asking price or it can be radically different. While we believe that every machine we build is worth the MSRP (some maybe worth a little more) we do not want anyone to think that we want to in anyway try to control pricing at the dealer level.

The practice of not giving out MSRP's at all can be seen in other industries as well.

While the system we currently have may not be perfect it is in our opinion to balance the wants, needs and desires of our dealers, distributors, landscaper professionals, share holders and management............besides, it's really improved my typing skills.

Terry

5. TClawn

then maybe don't publish the msrp's but it still would help if you posted some other common questions as a sticky. like total deck widths and stuf that we don't see in the specifications but we still need to know.

6. eXmark

I agree, especially on items like blades, baffles and some those other common items.

Thanks for the input it is always greatly appreciated.

Terry

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

while you guys are talking about price what is the MSRP of a 19/48 Lazer Hp??

It is on sale for 5,999 at my dealer

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got one for you. Post Fred's home & cell number so we can get all the time. That should be worth a Sticky.

...oh, don't laugh Dustin...your next.

haha

9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I disagree and think that we have every right to know what the MSRP is. I don't want my dealer screwing me. I think I would worry more about what we (the end user) thinks then what the dealer wants. Who is more important?

I seen this thread because I came here to find the MSRP of your mowers :) . I was just at Hustler's forum and they have the MSRP listed. I wanted to compare the two.

Oh well, I guess I have to put some work into this. To bad you can't just tell me, instead of making me work for it. I was always taught that if a customer has to work to hire you, then you most likely won't get hired. I was taught that you have to make it as painless as possible for the customer to want your product.

I can understand hiding something you think is unfair or that the customer won't like. I do this myself. My hourly rate would give a customer a heart attack, but the job rate seems just fine to them.

10. eXmark

Splatz

The MSRP for the 44/19 is $6599.

Thanks

Terry