Stihl 110 Died, got a Redmax 2400 Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 29, 2005.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

With all the discussion on here about the performance of the Stihl 4 mix 110, i shrugged it off because mine had been doing great. Then two weeks ago it starts taking more and more pulls to get it started, finally dead... replaced the spark plug, air filter fine, took metal mesh off... still nothing...

turnaround at dealer is a couple of days and like most I dont have a couple of days so went and got the Redmax 2400. Great little trimmer, doesnt have the overall power of the 110 but if you want that kind of power I guess the 2600 would do the job..

This is my fourth different brand of trimmer in two years with having a Husky, Robin, the Stihl, and now this.. so far my favorite for power to weight ratio...

Definitely about two pounds lighter than the 110 and the reach is a lot better..

And it is a two cycle.... whenever the 110 gets fixed it will be on the rack for really tough jobs and also for backup..

Never buying "4 mix" again

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Sorry to hear about the 110 problems. I've had mine for nearly 2 years and have not had a problem with it. I use it on every property and have no starting problems.

The only complaint is fuel consumption...but that's the price you pay for more power.

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You want POWER? Power, you say?!!!

Well, you can HAVE power, if power is what you want !!

L O L !!! Get you a Redmax 3000, boy, NOW ya' gots some POWER !!

L O L !! just playing, but the 3000 is (nearly) as light as your 2400 (great trimmer! ) and heap powerful !

4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Geez and my echo 260 has ran for three yrs now.Id be poor if I had to replace trimmeers every yr.

5. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

i have two 225s,and got a new 3000 yesterday.and it is for sure a bad machine.but it does not start as good as 225,and is cold collared as heck.but very nice machine,i will probaly trade in 225 next week for another 3000.

6. grasssin

Tider how are yall going to be this year?

Hopefully Brodi (sp?) wont get hurt again.....!!!

Did you like 4 players from Auburn in the top 25!! (NFL Draft)

Where are you in Alabama?

Not that I dislike my Stihl 110, I love it, but hopefully I wont have to deal with it dying every six months....

7. grasssin

Although the 110 has MUCH better fuel efficiency...