Stihl 192T vs 200T

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

MS192T C-E weighs about a pound lighter than a 200. That's a huge difference if you working all day long. IMO the 192 is the way to go....maybe some folks who think they need more hsp (including extra weight) think they suck. Not us. The 192 is the most operator friendly chainsaw we have ever used. (12" bar) Keep in mind to let the bar/chain do the work. I often use the 192 with one hand...complaints can be directed to 1 (800) who-care (s). :laugh:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

There is no such thing as a "one handed chainsaw". You might want to read ANSI Z133.1, and the owners manuals on those saws. If you need to use one hand buy a handsaw. They make great handsaws these days. Much safer too

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You are right odds are... Im not proud of it... but thats what happens when you begin your career working for a hack. I have and will admit to breaking about every rule I advocate against now, at one time or another. BUT, I know now (for 4 years now) how wrong and dangerous it was. Im not perfect, and nobody is, but we CAN NOT be advertizing to individuals that are new to our industry that it is ok to break the rules. Lets start them off on the right foot, before they get bad habits.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

With a choice between them I would buy the 200T. I have a 192 for side work and it SUCKS, lack of power, chain speed, and over all performance. But between the (2) 200's we have at work, one or the other has been in the shop on and off for a couple months now. We have a Husky 338xp, and it just runs, no problems.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Remember he sells saws... The 200 is much more expencive... Equaling more money for him.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Alehouse brought up a point that I had forgoten. The stihl oil and fuel caps. How many of you have worn a tank full of gas or oil because it didnt go on right?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Check your state regulations before removing the screen, as it is there for a reason. It is not tecnically a "screen" it is called a spark arrestor. It is designed to catch sparks that are generated by the engine at times. If you are operating a saw in a dry climate and you remove the "screen" you increase the possibility that you ignite a fire.

Say you live out west where forest fires are common. You start a fire with your saw, burn 100,000 acres and a couple homes, what are you gonna do then? You dont carry enough insurance. The extra power is not worth the risk.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Dought all you want. The manufacturer put it there for a reason. Not for thier health. They know it takes power away from the saw. They put it there because they have to. I dont care what you do, I just think that the poeple that are just starting out in our industry should learn the right way first, and then make thier own decisions when they get a little experience. You know, start low and slow.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Wanna see a bigger jump in power try the 201T. That is a pretty nice saw. Oowww. Its too early in the morning for this. :laugh:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

The192T is a fine saw, if woods ported, or at least muffler modded. I own 3, one of each of the above, and one stock. Someday, I'll do a better video than I've done, comparing them. Big difference in power and speed.

The 200T with the screen removed is one great saw, and fast, but gets easily beaten by my muffler modded 338/Jonsered 2139T.....my favorite climb saws.

www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree

www.youtube.com/rbtree