Stihl 192T vs 200T

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes... and I'll lay you odds that you've used one that way more than once. I don't advocate it at all -- just stating the facts. I prefer a larger saw.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

200 T hands down, just a proffesional saw compaired to a back yard or farm use small saw that is coming directly from my local Stihl guy. No kiding! Remember he wants to sell saws an he said I wouldn't be happy w/ 192. :nono:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I think the price and the stats (almost) say it all, but I'll offer my 2 cents anyway.
    I purchased a Stihl 200T for my climber 2 or 3 years ago to replace his that had been stolen. It has never been in the shop and is a terrific saw. The muffler screen gets plugged up with carbon and must be cleaned on occasion, but that is not a big deal.
    The Stihl power pole saws on a "four mix" engine and with a split boom are terrific for elevations and occasionally used in the tree for hard to reach cuts. The split boom allows the unit to be used for other chores such as hedge trimming, weed trimming, power sweeping, tilling, etc., and there is a 3 ft. extension that may be added in the middle.
    The Stihls seam to have a more aggressive cut and more power than the Echos that I have, though I do like the Echo 3450's for limbing. Some other nice things about Stihls is one wrench fits almost all machines, and you don't need any tools to open the oil & gas caps. Just don't fill them to the brim or you won't be able to close the caps.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Is there that much of a noticeable difference between the two saws? I'm looking at the 192 because I won't be using it every day, but everyone I talk to says to get the 200.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 192t i love it for climbing at work we have three 200t and we use it in the bucket or climbing. the 192 kind of feels like a toy but i have never had a problem its super light and has a narrow kerf.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

200T hands down....eh, sometimes ya have to take the top out of a tree to drop the stick,and no one keeps both hands on a climbimg saw at all times,the 192 has an ez pull recoil and it craps out over time,T200 fights like a champ till ya shut it off,Husky's climb saws melt parts,oiler stops,garbage...Echo 301 great climbing saw,slow performance though.......

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I would have to dissagree with most or all of the guys on here. I have a 192 personally, and also have ran the 200. The 192 seemed to do fine with the type of limbs they are made for. I will say that i notice a lack of power more often with the 192, but it is not a big enough difference to justtify spending double.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Been in the industry for about 5yrs now and i started out by using the 192T for one reason the money.... Now i own 3 of them, one in my lawn service trailer for odds and ends the others for ground trimming. I bought a 200T about a mth ago and the saw is amazing no comparison. My buddy uses the husky and echo climbing saws and i just laugh at them. Although it needed to go back once for a tune up and adjustment already its amazing.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I've used my buddies 192T and it doesn't seem to have the torque my 200T does. (even tho only a few CCs bigger) and I'm running a 2" longer bar than he is. Seems to be a bit more balanced also.