Stihl 4 mix News..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Aug 2, 2005.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Just talked to my service guy about when to expect my Stihl 110 back from him and he said that there is nothing that he can do to fix it. It has now been in the shop for over three months and I bought it one year ago last week..

He told me that he called every Stihl service center around to see if anyone has figured out how to fix it and no one has had any solutions..

One thing he said was one guy explained that the valves needed to be adjusted every 8-10 hours or so... Holy Hell...

So pretty much I just spent $350 for nothing except for about four months of use...

Does Stihl not have a response to this issue?

2. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

first of all, if it has taken three month to get your trimmer back, that is the dealer's fault and your fault...do you know how long it takes me to get things done through Stihl?...Second, the valves have to be checked around 100 to 130 hours, I cannot remember which...But is is not every few hours...come on now, the dealer is taking you for a ride, because the corporate office does not roll that way...they need to know what is going on...go to Stihl.com and send a complaint and see how fast things get resolved...

3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl wants their dealers to be the best, and if they are not then something has to be done...send a complaint to them..ASAP!

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I just used my new fs100rx and it starts on the first pull and its very smooth. You should get a new dealer.The new stuff is great so far.

John

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with the rest of you, send a complaint to the dealer asap. it sounds to me like your dealer has an incompetant mechanic on his payroll. such people just want you to spend more money on another new machine.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Old Saw Addict

When are you coming to Pensacola?

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

mine crapped out a few weeks ago. I took it to the dealer and he had it fixed in a few days. He told me it would be about 3 weeks until I got it back. But I got it back sooner, all they had to do was re-adjust the valves. I bought it may of 2004. He said it was common on these. Its been running great sense. I love the stihl, it has soooo much tourqe.

8. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

How many hours did you have on it before it "crapped out"?

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

not sure. im going to guess like 450-550

10. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

So maybe about 300 hours would be a good point to adjust valves.

Someone that's done this - how much trouble is the valve adjustment on the Stihl 4-mix equipment?