Stihl 441

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jun 26, 2009.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I just snagged a killer deal on a 441 with a 25 inch bar.

350 dollars.:dancing:

2. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

I think its time for a group buy......:drinkup:

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

The guy is hurting.The saw was new.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Wanna sell? :)

5. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Does he sell pole saws?? We've been looking for one..Will he ship?

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you got a good deal that saw new here would be about 850 dollars. I haven't kept up with Stihls model numbers I seen 441 and I thought it was the homeowner orange handle saw but its not. I guess its the 044-440 replacment which was a popular size saw with a 26 inch bar.

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

Yeah it took the place of the 440.

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

Cut some big logs today.
    That saw really eats up some wood.:)

It is realy quiet and has almost no vibration

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I always liked the 440's with a 28" bar, great saws. Ran the 660 once, what a big boy! Prefer the 440's though, 660 is way too much saw for most people, just way too heavy.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The MS460 is a good saw it is what I have it works good for falling and bucking I use a 28 inch bar on it. The 660 is a production fallers saw a little over kill for most people beside a logger.

The old 044-440 would pull a 28 inch bar it was a light combination but the power was borderline. No full house chain on it you would have to run full skip chain even semi skip was too much for the saw.

If your in softwood with a 28-36 inch bar you want full skip anyways. They all run 3/8s chain now. When you used to run 404 chain it is big kerf and really throws the chips. The old 051 Stihl I used to have with a 28 inch bar and 404 chain bucking you could bury your feet in saw dust in one cut.

A 441 for 350 dollars is a steal the guy must have been really desparate. I would have bought the saw just because it was a good deal even if I didn't have a use for it :laugh:

I have said it before I'am more scared to use a 7 1/4 circular saw than I'am using a chain saw with a 32 inch bar which doesn't bother me at all.