Stihl 550 blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billyneely, Apr 12, 2005.

1. billyneely

billyneely LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Stihl BR 550 blower, I have a Stihl BR 400 now. My question is, where can I find a rack to hold the new blower. The rack for the BR 400 want fit the new BR 550. In the past I have always purchased all my racks from trimmertrap.com need help please.

Billy Neely
    Natchez, Ms. 39120

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Sorry I can't answer your question, But I have one for you....Do you like the blower?

3. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

I just bought a BR-550 last week. I was hoping to get a RedMax 8001 but NO ONE in my area carries RedMax. I have to tell you I am very happy with it. It is way stronger and more comfortable than the 340 & 420's I've used and much quieter. (not as quiet as the BR-500)
    This is the 3rd piece of 4mix equipment I've purchased and I am sold on the new technology. I have had zero problems with any of them. :)

Mike

4. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

I wouldn't take a 4 mix if you gave it to me! Adjust the valves every 100 hours or so?? I think not!

I am staying with the quality 2 cycle euqipment as they are lighter with way less maintenance and use less gas.

The RedMax 8000 and the Echo PB-651 out blow the BR 550 by a long shot!

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You sound just like....Legacy. Is that you Legacy? Still trying to sell Redmax and Echo?

Don't worry... I don't think anyone will be giving you a 4-mix.

Oh...BTW. You need to check the spelling on your user name. Spirit lanwcare?

6. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Who or what the f*** is Legacy? What have you been drinking/smoking?

For your information (not that it's any of your business) I have used Stihl products for years. (BR-400/420C, FS-85, FC-85 etc.)

I just don't like the new 4 mix stuff. I'm sorry that I don't have the same views/opinions as you! My bad.

7. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

How much did you pay for yours?

8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

buy a redmax 8000 blower and use stihl trimmers

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do they have alot more power than the 420? I have seen them for $399.

10. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

would it be breaking a pattent law if you had someone machine a rack for you. It doesn't look like it would be that difficult.